Information We Collect
We collect information that you provide to us directly or automatically when you use the Services.
Information that you provide us or give us permission to obtain
When you register an account to use the Services, you voluntarily give us certain information. This information includes, but is not limited to: your name; gender; title; biographical information; username; and password. If you are creating a professional or brand account, we collect additional information including, but not limited to: your business name; business category; business description; business address; contact information; information about the size of the business. This information is used to create your profile on Dwell. You can customize some of the information displayed publicly in your Dwell profile by going to your account and profile settings. If you provide us with profile information and you do not see a visibility setting, that information is public.
When you use the Services, you voluntarily provide us with additional information, including your recommendations, comments, replies to comments, users you are following, photos that you upload, collections of photos either that you or other users have uploaded, annotations on photos, photo collaborations, photo and story credits, and related data and content. You acknowledge and agree that the Services are for public consumption, including your photos, stories, and collections. By posting information using the Services, you agree to permit us to publicly disclose this material, as described in Dwell’s Terms of Service.
If you make a purchase using the Services, you provide us with payment information, contact information and information on what you purchased. If you e-mail us, we may keep your message, e-mail address, and other contact information.
If you are using the Services on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. You may also give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link one or more of your social media accounts to the Services, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services depends on your settings or their privacy policies.
Information that we collect automatically when you use the Services
When you use the Services, data is created and recorded automatically. Some of the types of information that we collect are:
- Log data. When you use the Services, our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”), including but not limited to information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or that your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Dwell features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used the Services, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to Log Data, we may also collect information about the device on which you are using the Services, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers, your geolocation, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Do Not Track. Your browser may support a “Do Not Track” option that can be selected in your browser settings, which sends a signal to websites you visit informing them that you do not want certain information about your visit to be collected. At this time we do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
- Analytics and Usage. We use data analytics and work with certain third party service providers to help us understand and improve the use of our Services. These third party service providers may collect information sent by your device as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address. Third party ad partners may also share information with us to help us measure and tailor ads.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, which collects anonymous data for us to better serve you with both better website design and content.
- What Google Analytics features do we use? Please see the feature list for Google Analytics at http://www.google.com/analytics/features.
- What do we do with your data? All tracking information is used to help better design our content and web design to meet the needs of the customer and enhance the Service. All of our activity meets Google Analytics Terms of Service which can be found here. http://www.google.com/analytics/terms.
- Opt out of Google Analytics: You can opt out of the anonymous data collected from Google Analytics by disabling cookies in your web browser for the Services. This will only block Google Analytics Data for us, and will not affect other websites. You can also opt out of all Google Analytics Tracking Data on the web by installing a browser plugin provided by Google. This can be found here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. The anonymous statistics we gather may be shared with a third party vendor to assist us with analyzing data, creating ads and web design. For more information about how Google uses data, visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to improve the Services. We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, for example, based on your preferences and content you post, to tailor the ads that we show you to your interests and to contact you for marketing purposes. We also use the information that we collect to notify you about updates to the Services, monitor and test the Services, and remember your login information so that you do not need to re-enter this information.
When We Share Your Information
We may share your information with third parties from time to time, including but not limited to:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents, contractors, or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Services, fulfill your requests for authorized transactions, or provide user support.
- Analytics and Usage. We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and other businesses. For example, we may disclose to a business the number of users that have viewed their product or may disclose to a professional how many times their profile has been viewed.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another entity (or during the due diligence period of any such acquisition or merger), if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the acquiring company.
- Other Users. Information that you post publicly through the Services (for example, photos, comments, or profile information) will be made publicly available.
- Investigations. We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us, helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, or helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
The content on our Service is intended for adults and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us immediately at email@example.com, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
Accessing and Modifying Your Information
If you are a registered user of the Services, we provide you with account settings and tools to access, correct, delete, or modify the personal information you have provided to us and associated with your account.
You can also permanently delete your account at any time by going to your account settings.
Search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, like your user profile and content you provide, even after you have deleted this information or deactivated your account.
548 Market St, PMB 35259
San Francisco, California 94104-5401
Effective May 4, 2016